I've purchased the entire set one time when they packaged them in a basket. I thought all the products were great and they felt great on the skin. The one product I would like to point out is the Intensive Spot Targeting Serum. I don't have any sun spots on my skin ,but this helped even out my overall complexion. Whitening/Brightening and Anti-aging are two things that will make your face look young, hence why all those Asian women are driving around with those crazy visors that cover the entire face while wearing gloves in the Summer.
I do like the night cream, I think it's a great cream to use if you spend a lot of time in the sun during the day. It prohibits melanin from forming dark spots on your skin and heals your skin overnight from the damage it was exposed to during the day.
There's a saying in Chinese that basically says a whiter complexion hides 3 flaws, and I do believe this to be true. It is easier to hide wrinkle and lines when you have a whiter complexion. Tans and darker skin tend to make your lines and wrinkles more prominent.
There are many whitening/brightening lines on the market, but they are not so popular in the US, because people here love to be tanned. La Mer even launched a Brightening line few years ago and eventually pulled it because it wasn't selling here. They are launching it again in the States this year.
So the bottom line is if you are looking for a whitening line, this is a decent start. If you are looking for something a little bit more intense, go for SKII. They are known as THE brand for whitening your face among the Asian community.
Here are some of the ingredients in the line-
- M-Tranexamic acid and Yomogi extract targets persistent spots where over-active melanocytes produce excess melanin.
- Shiseido-original whitening ingredient 4MSK helps diminish the activity of the enzyme tyrosinase to reduce melanin production.
- Vitamin C reduces from the precursor of melanin, the colourless DHICA.
- Super Hydro-Synergy Complex replenishes moisture and improves skin texture. Skin also captures light more easily.
- Glucosyl Hesperidine helps support better microcirculation.
Read more on their website- http://www.shiseido.com/white-lucent/skincare-whitelucent,default,sc.html