Friday, July 6, 2012

Shiseido BENEFIANCE Pure Retinol Intensive Revitalizing Face Mask Review

A concentrated treatment sheet mask that encourages skin's natural recovery function and provides a rich infusion of moisture to help improve texture. Restores youthful suppleness and radiance with a single application.
  • Developed with Shiseido-original Pure Liquid Retinol Delivery System, to penetrate skin rapidly and help combat wrinkles, dryness, and dullness.
  • Formulated with aquatic plant extract Chlorella, a skin-vitality enhancer.
  • Contains Hydroxyproline, a high-technology amino acid that parallels skin's own natural building blocks of collagen.
Shiseido always make great products, and this one is no exception. The box comes with 4 masks packaged individually. There's the top mask and the bottom mask making it easier to put on and take off than most mask sheets.

I used this after the shower and it gave me a nice "glow". My face looked hydrated and fresh. I think it's always hard to judge a mask, because most of the time you can't really see a difference, especially when it's an anti-aging mask. However, if you're into anti-aging, you know retinol is a good anti-aging ingredient.

I use prescription strength Retin-A (tretinoin) gel everyday and I've always seen retinol as a less effective and weaker version of Retin-A, even though they are distinctly different. Retin-A can only be obtained if your dermatologist write you a perspection and Retinol products can be purchased in stores. Both are used to treat fine lines and wrinkles, but different.

I think this is a decent mask, but I couldn't stand the scent of the mask. Shiseido products usually smell great, but for some reason I felt like I had an old lady's overly perfumed wet blanket on my face the entire time. I almost wanted to take it off immediately, but for the sake of writing an review for it, I stuck it out.

I use Retin-A gel on a nightly basis so I don't feel the need of adding this mask to my regular routine. Also, it is the price of my Retin-A prescription so I'd rather spend the money on that. I do think there are better masks on the market, and because of the dismal scent, I am not going to recommend this. This is solely based on the scent alone and the fact that I already use Rein-A gel on a nightly basis.

If you want to try it, you can. As I mentioned, Shiseido make great products so it's really up to your personal needs.

Also, I want to mention that if you have very sensitive skin, you might want to avoid reintol products. It can irritate some sensitive skin.

Verdict: Skip it/ try it
Shiseido BENEFIANCE Pure Retinol Intensive Revitalizing Face Mask is $62.50
Read more on their website- http://www.shiseido.com/benefiance-pure-retinol-intensive-revitalizing-face-mask/0729238191075,default,pd.html

No comments:

Post a Comment