Monday, July 9, 2012

My Beauty Diary Bird's Nest Mask Review


My Beauty Diary Bird’s Nest Mask whitens, nourishes and renews the skin.

Bird’s nest extract, a precious ingredient, and corallina officinalis, the so-called “bird’s nest from the bottom of the sea”, intensely enhances skin’s moisture level, and nourishes strongly.

Hydrolyzed soy and rice protein enhance skin’s defence, elasticity and transparency. They also relieve discomfort resulting from dryness.

It is suitable for normal skin. It is especially recommended for dry, rough and dull skin.

I thought I'll write another review of a Mask Sheet after the Shiseido one I reviewed last week. My Beauty Diary is probably a brand that no one's ever heard of, but it is actually pretty common and well known with the Chinese crowd. It's not exactly high-end, but I thought they are comparable with other high end brands.

My Beauty Diary is a brand from Taiwan. What I like about it is how moist the sheets are. There's so much serum on the mask sheets that I rub the excess over my body as a body serum. They say not to wash the rest of the serum off after you take off the mask, but I find the serum a bit too sticky and thick so I do wash my face with water after I take off the mask.

I haven't noticed any dramatic difference, but as most of the masks I've reviewed, it's hard to notice a difference with them right away unless it's a peel or an exfoliating mask. My skin feels fresh and extremely hydrated after this mask, which is why I've continued to use it. It doesn't hurt that it's pretty cheap as well. I think this is almost good enough to use everyday or every other day if your skin is parched. I have extremely sensitive skin and I find this mask very soothing.

The other thing I want to point out is that they have many different masks. The list is very long, but the black pearl powder and the aloe vera ones are pretty decent. They also have a chocolate mask as well, which smells good enough to eat.

The only downside is the cut out of the sheet itself. It's WAY too small around the eyes and the mouth. I find myself having to tear the corner of the eyes just so it wouldn't cover my eyes, I also tear the piece above my lips so it wouldn't cover my upper lip.

It might be hard to find in stores, but if you go to any Asian beauty store, they should have it. I have noticed it's been easier to find online within the last year or so. Even Amazon has them now.

For the price, I would def recommend it! I will post a review of SkinFood mask sheets as well soon. I like theirs better.

Verdict: Buy it!
My Beauty Diary Bird's Nest Mask is $21 (for 10 sheets)
Read more on their website- www.beautydiary.com.tw/en

No comments:

Post a Comment