Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Holy Grail of Sunscreen-- EltaMD UV CLEAR BROAD-SPECTRUM SPF 46

A winner of the ELLE 2010 Genius Award: Skin
  • Broad-Spectrum UVA/UVB Sun Protection
  • SPF 46 with 9% Micronized Zinc Oxide and high-purity Niacinamide (vitamin B3)
  • Calms and protects sensitive, acne-prone skin
  • Very lightweight, oil-free formula leaves no residue on skin’s surface
  • Use alone or under makeup every day
  • Noncomedogenic, paraben-free, fragrance-free and sensitivity-free
Active Ingredients:   9.0% Zinc Oxide 7.5% Octinoxate  




Summer is here! I reviewed my favorite sunscreen for the body few days ago, now I want to share my sunscreen for the face. This has been my sunscreen for my face the past few years. I absolutely love all of ELTAMD's sunscreens. I was on the search for a sunscreen that won't leave a white film on my face like I'm wearing a foundation 100 shades too light and it even got to a point that I had to stop wearing sunscreen because I just couldn't find any. I've tried almost all over the counter sunscreens  and they either make my face looks greasy or leave a white powdery film that flakes off. 

The ELTA MD UV Clear goes on so smooth and clear and it even calms and protect sensitive skin and prevents your skin from breaking out if you're acne-prone. I tend to breakout more during the Summer if I'm sweating too much and don't have time to wash my face so this is really a holy grail that does it all. 

The only downside is it's very hard to find. You have to find it at a dermatologist's office. You don't need a prescription for it, but they are the only outlets that carries them, unless you order them online. 

If you're looking for a sunscreen, always make sure the active ingredient is Zinc, and make sure it's 30 and over. And Broad-spectrum basically means it covers UVA and UVB protection. UVA rays are the rays from the sun that penetrates deeper into the skin that causes aging and UVB are the rays that causes the burn. Always make sure you cover both! 

Ps. Shiseido makes awesome sunscreen, too if you are a fan of Shiseido's products. 

EltaMD UV CLEAR BROAD-SPECTRUM SPF 46 is $29
Read more on their site- http://www.eltamd.com/ProductDetail.aspx?p=18

  

No comments:

Post a Comment