Thursday, June 7, 2012

Dr. Brandt's "Pores No More" Pore Refiner Review

From their website- Dr. Brandt’s quick fix for flawless, photo-ready skin fits seamlessly into any individual’s regimen – skincare or makeup – because of its incredible ability to instantly hide the appearance of pores and mattify shine. This silky, smooth formula glides onto clean skin or on top of makeup leaving an un-tinted, powder finish. Tea tree and flaxseed extract provide continuous pore refining benefits, while micro-spheres diffuse light and have a high oil absorption capacity so skin looks and feels smoother, more uniform and shine-free. Also available in a tinted formula.
  • hides & refines pores
  • instantly mattifies shine
  • absorbs excess oil & helps regulate oil production
  • smoothes & evens skin’s appearance

I have always been a fan of Dr. Brandt's products. I think they were the first serious skincare brand I tried and loved when I was dealing with breakouts. I loved this one product they had called "Pore Effect" it was a rich moisturizer that refines your pores and hydrates your skin without making it greasy, but for some reason they got rid of that product and have since gone through so many changes. 


Dr. Brandt came on the scene and was so popular with their microdermabrasion. It was before Microdermabrasion was considered mainstream or common. I still think they have one of the better microderms on the market. They have since launched so many different lines that I think it's kind of hard to keep up, and sometimes it does make me feel like the brand has kind of cheapen its brand position in the luxury market overtime. I don't really consider it as high-end anymore, it's more high performance. They are also now on QVC. 


Anyhow, let's talk about Pores No More. I use this on my T-zone, and it does a good job at diminishing the look of your pores and keeping it matte. I have tried to use it all over the face, but it flakes off like eraser for some reason, and i've only had this problem with some sunscreens, so it must be some of the ingredients they are using. 


It doesn't keep the shines away from my nose throughout the entire day, but nothing really does. The only shine mattifier that worked on my skin was Laura Geller's Welcome Matte, but since they pulled that from Sephora, I haven't found it anywhere. 


I think Dr. Brandt's Pores No More is decent, I haven't found anything that is better, but I definitely think there are better products out there to keep the shine away, but for now, I will always have a tube of this in my bathroom. It also has a light tint to it, which I like. If you want more of a full tint, they just came out with a version that is tinted. 


Verdict: Try it
Dr. Brandt's "Pores No More" Pore Refiner is $45
Read more on their website- http://www.drbrandtskincare.com/product/pores+no+more+pore+refiner.do?sortby=ourPicks

No comments:

Post a Comment